The church with the open doors
Holy Trinity was built in 1855 with the tower added in 1860. Over the next few decades Upper Tooting became densely built up and at the end of the 19th century the church was substantially enlarged. Major changes also took place in the 1970s and 80s. More recently, the tower underwent a programme of restoration with master carvers replacing the orchid frieze. Do come and visit us to see our historic Tooting church for yourself.